Wish connects products to qualified consumers who are most likely to buy them. Merchants can be manufacturers, brand owners, retailers, crafters, creators, and artists. Merchants must create, manufacture, or own distribution/retail rights to the products they sell through Wish.
Wish facilitates but does not fulfill transactions between users and merchants—Wish cannot act as a retailer for the merchant. Merchants are expected to self-serve, meaning that they fulfill orders and respond to users themselves. If drop-shipping, merchants must be able to drop ship at scale.
In general, services are not allowed to be listed on Wish. There are a few exceptions noted below that are allowed as they produce a new, tangible, physical item.
- Any service that does not yield a new, tangible, physical item is not allowed (for example: tailoring, restoring or repairing an item, photographic retouching or color correction).
- Custom orders for a physical product are allowed (for example: a custom dress or painting).
Listings that do not comply with Wish's policies may be deleted from the site. Merchants with repeated instances of noncompliance may have their accounts removed, access to the Merchant Dashboard revoked, and/or transactions cancelled.
Every Wish seller is responsible for following the laws that apply to you, your shop and your items, including any shipping restrictions for your items.
There are some types of items that we don't allow on Wish's platform, even if they are legal and otherwise meet Wish's selling criteria. Some things just aren't in the spirit of Wish. The following types of items may not be listed on Wish:
- Digital goods: items that are not tangible or must be delivered electronically
- Gift cards, physical or digital
- Items whose copyright you do not own or hold (copyrighted to someone else)
- Tobacco and other smokeable products including electronic cigarettes.
- Drugs, medical drug claims about an item, drug paraphernalia
- Live animals, illegal animal products
- Human remains or body parts (excluding hair and teeth)
- Pornography or adult/sexually explicit/obscene material
- Firearms and/or weapons - including hand held weapons such as batons, knuckle weapons or stun guns.
- Items or listings that promote, support or glorify hatred toward or otherwise demean people based upon: race, ethnicity, religion, gender, gender identity, disability, or sexual orientation; including items or content that promote organizations with such views
Please note that Wish serves an audience that may include children as young as 13 years of age. Products that may be inappropriate for children to view or buy are therefore not appropriate for Wish.
We reserve the right to remove products that we determine are not within the spirit of Wish. Such products will be removed from the site, and the merchant's selling privileges may be suspended and/or terminated.
You should have on hand your own policies regarding shipping, payments, refunds and exchanges. Your own policies may not conflict with Wish’s site-wide policies. Wish reserves the right to request that a seller provide policy information or require a seller to modify unreasonable policies at Wish's discretion.
Please keep the following things in mind as you set up your merchant account with Wish and add products to the Wish platform:
- Do not make illegal use of photographs or written text. This includes but is not limited to copyright infringement.
- You may not use mature, profane or racist language or images in your product listings or seller name.
- You may not purchase your own products through the Wish platform. This is considered fraudulent and unethical behavior.
- You may not use the Wish brand to promote your merchant store. This includes, but is not limited to, your store display name and your product listing titles.
Members who do not comply with Wish's policies may be subject to review, which can result in suspension of account privileges and/or termination.
All listings on Wish should be clear, accurate and detailed. Accurate photos, descriptions and listing information are critical to selling on Wish. Check out the Merchant FAQ for more information on how to upload your products. Keep these policies in mind as you list and describe your products:
- Listing descriptions and photos must accurately describe the item for sale so users know what is included in the purchase.
- You must be the copyright holder or licensed to sell the products you upload.
- A listing may not be created for the sole purpose of sharing photographs or other information with the community.
- A listing may not be created solely as an advertisement. This includes notices of sales or promotions in your shop.
- Items must not be listed as available for rental or lease.
- You may group items as a set into a single listing if the items are being sold and shipped together.
- All listings on Wish must be for a tangible object.
- You may not use Wish to direct shoppers to your own or another online selling venue to purchase the same items as listed in your Wish shop, as this may constitute fee avoidance. This includes posting links/URLs or providing information sufficient to locate the other online venue(s). Directing Wish buyers outside of Wish negates the merchant’s partnership with Wish.
- If an item listing is removed due to counterfeit, you may not alter that product listing to a new item.
- A listing must not be conditional upon the purchase of another listing in your shop (for example: saying "this item may only be purchased along with another item in my shop" is not allowed). This includes listings for item upgrades, shipping upgrades, and gift wrapping upgrades.
Listings that do not comply with Wish's policies may be removed from or suspended on Wish. Members who do not comply with Wish's policies may be subject to review, which can result in suspension of account privileges and/or termination.
Merchants indicate the price of each item when uploading products onto the platform. We always try to make sure that the final price is either the target retail price or something very close to it. However, there may be a difference in the price suggested by the merchant and the price users see on Wish. We do this to optimize exposure and number of transactions. We will make sure the final checkout price is as close to the retail price as possible.
Fast and reliable shipping is critical to customer satisfaction. We ask that you fulfill orders in 1-5 days and ship items using a trusted package delivery company. In order to mark an order as shipped, you are required to provide a valid tracking number for the shipment.
Wish will refund customers automatically if their order is not shipped within seven (7) days of purchase. We will send multiple alerts to the email address you've provided before these orders are auto-refunded.
Merchants are expected to provide customer service to the users who request assistance with their orders. Merchants carry out their customer service through our contact seller feature (the ticket system). Once a user places an order on Wish, they are able to contact the merchant about their order by opening a ticket. A user may contact the merchant for the following reasons:
- to remove a certain product from their order
- to specify or request a different size or color
- to change their shipping address
- to inquire about the status of their order
- to ask for a shipping ETA or tracking link
- to report a defective, damaged, or missing item in their order
- to initiate a return, exchange, or refund of their order
Merchants should respond to users in a timely manner, i.e., within a few business days of the user opening a ticket or sending a message.
Merchants can also contact the user about their order through the same ticket system. This allows merchants to proactively inform users about delays, shipping and tracking information, sold out products, and other details related to the order.
Wish believes in its merchants and encourages merchants to resolve their own customer service issues according to their store policies. Since the transaction is between the merchant and the user, Wish will only intervene in a customer service matter if it cannot be or has not already been resolved by the merchant.